środa, 10 listopada 2010

Telephone etiquette for a business meeting

Here, I'll share my experience with you on the decency standards required. I learned what not to do from my first conference call and what to do from the second.

My first experience with a conference call was on sales strategy with headquarters. I logged into the Conference Bridge according to the agreed timetable, but soon realized that most of the other attendees were late. Some people who I couldn't identify spoke, to add to the noise in the background.Some were perhaps even food and drink tea or coffee, the environment less than business-like. above all, I found the leader had no control over the procedure.
Needless to say, there was no outcome of the conference call. The whole session was unorganized, there were unnecessary arguments and misunderstandings and no decision can be taken

Soon there was a mail of VP-planning Office, redeployment of the same Conference a week later. This time there was a 7-point agenda for the Conference call clearly stated, together with the expected duration of the call.

This is how my second experience with Conference calls were, on the same topic with the VP-planning as host:

The VP logged in on time and he introduced himself first together with other people who were with him. Surprisingly enough, people from other offices also logged in on time. I understand that the role of punctuality in a conference call.

Secretary of the VP presented the agenda of the meeting mentioned that she was going to be the holder of the time of the meeting, and that she was also responsible for the minutes of the meeting.

Every body in the meeting this time was exceedingly well mannered, start talking only after giving his name.There was no background chatting. I realized that a quiet background the key to good conference call.

Before we moved to the next item on the agenda, the VP decision, summarized the issues still open for that topic and clearly stated who was responsible for the conclusion of an open issue. So we agreed on various issues in a short period of time.I learned that organize and manage is the foundation of a successful conference call.

I've noticed that some people went offline for a few minutes after pressing the mute button in the Conference bridge. in this way, they were part of the conference call and still be able to discuss internally without disturbing others. This helped us to clear decisions.

This time around, we were on the agenda of the conference call.

After 2 days I got an email from the Office of our VP-planning along with a small note about telephone etiquette.

Here are some helpful tips to "Conference Call Etiquette for a successful conference Call"

o If you participate in a conference call from a quiet room; there should be no no other ambient noise.

o you good phone equipment to use and should be familiar with the same.

o you need to login on time and introduce yourself.

o Conference call is paid service and several people participate in the conversation, so you make the best use of time by staying focused on the agenda.

This note, I found very useful. do you have?

I regularly my site and blog on various aspects of conference calls.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz